GETTING PERSONAL WITH YOU
Just like Mom and Dad, we are there when you need us. If your system malfunctions, we’ll be right over to check it out. Our service is here for you 24 hours a day in case of any emergencies. We know your house and have his-tory on your system. We will keep track of your oil usage automatically so you won’t have to. With Oil Heat, there are no meters to read and no paying for estimated use — you only pay for what you actually use. Most important, we have built our family business based on personal service. We know who you are when you call, and in most cases we know who you are when we see you around town. We have customers who have been with us for decades, and we want to keep it that way. This isn’t just a job for us, its who we are. And taking care of you is what we do best. Thanks for all of your business…we really do appreciate it!
ULTRA LOW SULFUR HEATING OIL AND ITS BENEFITS TO YOU.
As of July 1, 2018, the state of Massachusetts is transitioning all heating oil sold in the state to have a low sulfur content of only 15 Parts Per Million (PPM). Prior sulfur content in heating oil was as high as 500 PPM.
Here are a few of the ways you will benefit from this change:
- ULS Heating oil burns cleaner than traditional heating oil. It produces less pollution into the air we breathe.
- Your heating system will run more efficiently on ULSHO. This will reduce fuel consumption and potential service problems.
- This is a cost free transition. This fuel is already compatible with your existing heating equipment. No changes need to occur.
SPEAKING OF GETTING PERSONAL, HERE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT GET IT DONE
BEING A SMALL BUSINESS MAKES IT EASIER FOR US TO GET TO KNOW YOU AND FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW US. WE HAVE SPOKEN WITH ALL OF YOU AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. Here is a list of all of the employees that you are talking with on the phone, or seeing at your home, and are here to help you in any way they can.
- Darlene B.— Customer Service, Sales, Service Coordinator—Since 1987
- Gina B.— Customer Service, Accounting—Since 1997
- Bob M.– Certified Technician, Installer—Since 2000
- George N.— Service Manager, Installation Sales—Since 2001
- Ben P.— Oil Truck Driver, Installer—Since 2005
- Mark M.— Oil Truck Driver—Since 2006 (and part time prior to that)
- Joe D.— Certified Technician, Installer—Since 2013
- Steve C.— Certified Technician, Installer—Since 2014
- Dan L.— Certified Technician (Now part time)—Since 1985
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GAS— FROM THE AMERICAN ENERGY COALITION
Interruptible Supply and Gas Prices
- The current natural gas pipeline transmission system is insufficient, which leads to higher natural gas prices.
- Increases in gas prices and limited supply cause electricity rates to increase, too.
- Utilities need to shut off natural gas service to large users like schools, hospitals and factories to have enough supply for high-demand periods.
- These “interruptible” users turn to heating oil when the gas company shuts them off.
Pipeline Capacity and Leaks
- Much of the natural gas pipeline system is old, deteriorating and leaking, leading to environmental and safety concerns.
- Natural gas utilities want you to pay for their new pipelines, even if you don’t heat your home with natural gas.
- Natural gas pipelines need to be shut down during road construction, pipeline repair work and during emergency situations or ex-treme weather events, which can leave homeowners without heat for hours or even days.
- A report for Congress reveals that consumers paid $20 billion for gas that they never received, because of pipeline leaks and other lost gas.
- Gas companies make money for leaking pipes because the customers pay for the gas even though it never reached the home.
- In 2011, utilities nationwide released enough gas into the atmosphere to meet Maine’s energy needs for a year.
Stick with Oilheat
- Oilheat is delivered to you regularly by a local heating oil dealer.
- With Oilheat, you only pay for what is delivered to your property from metered delivery trucks.
- Your heating oil supply is safely stored on your property, unaffected by road construction or other situations.
- You can upgrade your heating equipment for a fraction of the cost to convert, and reduce your energy use by up to 30-40 percent.
Remember, now you can visit RANDHANDY.COM for on-line access to your account
MASS SAVE REBATE REMINDER
- Early boiler, furnace and A/C replacement rebates are scheduled to change 12/31/18.
- Rebates and finance terms may change for 2019
- Current rebate for a 12 year old furnace = $750
- 30 year old hot water boiler = $1700
- 30 year old steam boiler = $1900
If you are considering replacing your heating system, call us now. We can give a free evaluation and estimate for upgrading. 781-834-8831
OFFICE HOURS FOR OCTOBER
Monday-Friday 8:00 – 4:30
Columbus Day, October 8th, The oﬃce will be closed.
However, we are always available for Emergency Service if you need us.
September OIL DRAWING WINNERS
1st Prize: Scott S.- Marshfield (Customer for 12 years)
2nd Prize: Jennifer B. – Norwell (Customer for 5 years)
3rd Prize: Ellen C. – Duxbury (Customer for 10 years)
Please note that you can now enter the oil drawing online. Please complete the form at right to be entered in next month’s drawing.