Heating your home can be quite an expense here in New England and the last thing you need is a costly repair bill. That's why Rand-Handy offers a Comprehensive Comfort Contract as a service to our residential, automatic delivery customers. It will help keep your heating system operating with maximum efficiency so that you can keep your home warm for less. At Rand-Handy our Comprehensive Comfort Contract not only saves you money but also gives you peace-of-mind knowing that one of our trained heating technicians will be at your home when you need us most, day or night, to service your heating system.
In order to keep the cost of the Comprehensive Comfort Contract as low as possible, coverage is available during regular service hours as listed below. All calls after regular service hours are subject to a labor charge on an overtime basis. Therefore, although we will always provide 24-hour service, arranging for service during our regular service hours may help you avoid unnecessary expenses.
Regular Service Hours
September 1st to May 1st ... 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, daily
May 1st to September 1st ... 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Emergency Service* Hours
24 hours per day - Monday - Sunday
*Emergency Service - no heat or extreme emergency.
Charges may apply for non-emergency calls
made during non-regular service hours.
Terms and Conditions
Please read this contract carefully. It contains important provisions affecting your rights. If you do not understand any part of this contract, please ask questions and get the answers you need.
1. Conditions of Coverage: RAND-HANDY OIL COMPANY INC. (“RAND-HANDY”) reserves the right to reject this contract if, upon inspection by the service department, RANDHANDY finds that any portion of the heating system is not in proper working order, or is otherwise unsuitable for servicing. RAND-HANDY may make such inspection at any time, up to and including, the time of the first service call. Replacement parts will be the same or similar quality and are subject to availability from RAND-HANDY’s normal sources of supply. CUSTOMER agrees to purchase all fuel oil requirements from RAND-HANDY (minimum 500 gallons per year). This contract cancels and supersedes all prior contracts between RAND-HANDY and the CUSTOMER for service. The effective date of this contract will be the date of billing, subject to RAND-HANDY’s right to reject this contract, as indicated above.2. Parts and Services Excluded: Only the numbered parts indicated (on the reverse-side diagram) and the services related to those parts and are provided under this contract. All work is guaranteed for 30 days and warranties for replaced parts are subject to manufacturers warranties. Coverage does not include damage resulting from water, freeze-ups, low electrical voltage, power failures, tampering or abuse. Examples of parts and labor not covered by this service plan are: boiler, furnace and heat exchanger, water heater coils, water heater storage tanks, piping, valves, fittings, humidifiers, chimneys, draft inducers, power venter, automatic feed valves, air vent valves, wiring, air conditioning equipment, obsolete parts, oil tanks, oil piping; oil lines, oil safety valve, outdoor reset control, oil line de-aerators (tiger loops), asbestos removal, System 2000 manager.3. Fuel Tanks and Lines: CUSTOMER shall be responsible for the condition and maintenance of fuel tank and piping. RAND-HANDY assumes no liability whatsoever for the fuel tank, oil lines or piping. This contract does not provide any coverage for, or against, tank or line leakage or any damages to persons or property resulting from tank or line leakage. This contract does not cover any installation, clean-up, removal, remedial or other cost of compliance with any environmental or other laws, rules or regulations.
4. READ CAREFULLY - DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: RAND-HANDY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE DISPOSAL, DISCHARGE, DISPERSAL, RELEASE OR ESCAPE OF OIL, ANY PETROLEUM SUBSTANCE OR DERIVATIVE, OR ANY POLLUTANT, CHEMICAL OR SUBSTANCE INTO OR UPON THE CUSTOMERS PROPERTY, SURROUNDING PROPERTIES, THE ATMOSPHERE, THE SOIL, ANY WATER COURSE OR BODY OF WATER, OR THE ENVIRONMENT, UNLESS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RAND-HANDY. RAND-HANDY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
5. Termination and Default: RAND-HANDY reserves the right to terminate/this contract without notice if the CUSTOMER does any of the following: (a) permits any person other than an employee or authorized representative of RAND-HANDY to service CUSTOMER’S equipment; (b) fails to maintain an acceptable credit rating with RAND-HANDY or is otherwise in arrears on any bill for oil or service due RAND-HANDY; (c) fails to purchase all fuel oil requirements on the automatic delivery system provided by RAND-HANDY; (d); abuses or neglects the heating system; or (e) fails to purchase a minimum of 500 gallons of fuel oil per year. In the event of termination, no refunds will be made on any fractions of a year for any unused portions of the contract. Any notice by CUSTOMER to cancel the this contract will be void unless such notice is in writing and sent by certified mail return receipt requested, and the contract will terminate five (5) days after receipt of CUSTOMER’S written notice.
6. Renewal: This contract will remain in force for one year from the effective date and will be self-renewing at RAND-HANDY’s prevailing rates. This contract may be terminated as described in the above paragraph. CUSTOMER agrees that renewal is subject to price change and changes in coverage, and CUSTOMER agrees to pay RAND-HANDY’s prevailing rates at the time of renewal.
7. No Verbal Agreements: RAND-HANDY and CUSTOMER agree that there are no promises, terms, conditions or obligations between them that are not contained in this contract. Statements made by RAND-HANDY’s representative that are not contained in this contract have not been relied upon by the CUSTOMER and are not part of contract.
8. Acceptance: CUSTOMER’S payment within 30 days of the contract charge as billed by RAND-HANDY shall constitute acceptance of the terms of this contract.
THERE WHEN YOU NEED US
Servicing your home 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Rand-Handy Comprehensive Comfort Contract offers an inexpensive way to insure maximum efficiency of your oil burning equipment. In addition, you have added savings on certain parts (and related labor) that could need repair or replacement.
Here is what your plan provides:
1. Free Replacement on Parts
At no additional cost, Rand-Handy will replace any of the parts indicated on the diagram that may become defective through normal wear and use (excluding oil tanks and oil lines).
2. Free Labor on Certain Service Calls
Rand-Handy will provide free labor on any service calls related to the repair or replacement of the parts shown on the diagram, during the regular Comprehensive Contract Service Hours.
3. Preventive Maintenance Program
Rand Handy will:
- clean heating unit and smoke pipe
- clean burner fan
- clean ignition system
- lubricate all motors
- check all controls
- flush low-water cut-off (steam)
- check automatic damper
- inspect strainers and nozzles
- change oil filter
- perform an efficiency test
- make any adjustments in unit to operate at maximum efficiency.
In order to keep the cost of the Comprehensive Comfort Contract as low as possible, coverage is available during regular service hours as listed below. All calls after regular service hours are subject to a labor charge and travel time on an overtime basis. Therefore, although we will always provide 24-hour service, arranging for service during our regular service hours may help you avoid unnecessary expenses.