A message from all of us…
Good day, everyone, and we hope you all are safe and healthy. We want to communicate with all of you during this challenging time we are all facing. Please know that our first and foremost concern is the health and wellbeing of all of our employees and customers. We all live locally and have families like you, so we are going through this together. We are doing our part here at Rand-Handy to promote a clean and safe environment, in practicing good hygiene and social distancing. All of our technicians, drivers, and office personnel are being diligent with hand washing and sanitizing. Our commitment to you is the same as always and we will be here to service you as we always have.
In an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy, here are a few things you can do to help:
- Please refrain from requesting after hours service if the issue is something that can wait until the next business day. We can probably get to you first thing in the morning. If you don’t have hot water, that is a call that can wait until the next business day. If you have no heat, and it is not very cold outside, that too can most likely wait until the next day.
- If you do need emergency service, please allow us direct access to the heating system through a bulkhead or basement door. We want to be respectful of your living and personal space.
- Please respect our social distancing request of 6 or more feet if we do need to come to your home. We will try to keep our time at your home as short as possible while fixing the problem.
- If you do not want us to your house for any installation or routine service, please let us know in advance. We completely understand and respect that decision. We will leave it up to you to call us to reschedule when you are ready.
- If you are stopping by our office to make a payment during the day or after hours, please use the mail slot in the front door. This is also a great time to take advantage of our on-line services through our website. Set up access for yourself and you can view your account activity. Consider switching to email statements if you make payments through your bank. Please continue to call us for anything urgent.
- We don’t anticipate any disruption in our service or fuel oil deliveries during this crisis.
OK. Now, on a more positive note. Flowers are popping and birds are singing. The Spring is here and the winter never came. That means many of you consumed much less oil than previous years. That, in conjunction with the lower pricing, means you may not be spending as much money this heating season. If you have any questions about that or anything else, feel free to give us a call. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value your business and your safety, just like we do for our own families. Heed all the advice from local and national medical professionals. With the right precautions and sound decision making, we will get through this together. Stay well.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR BUDGET CUSTOMERS
Our budget figures for some customers were already recalculated earlier this year if needed. However, we are asking all of you to take a look at your account and see where it stands. If you have an existing balance on the account, please continue with the regular payments. If you do not anticipate another delivery this budget season (through June 30), and have a credit balance on your account, please DO NOT make a budget payment for the month of May. If another delivery is anticipated, but you do have sufficient credit balance to cover this ( approx. $400.00), again-no payment is necessary. If you opted to have your budget payment charged to a credit card, and you have sufficient credit to cover any anticipated deliveries, your card will not be charged unless you specifically request it. If you have a balance and/or anticipate additional deliveries this season then your credit card will be charged as usual. If you have any questions about your bill or your next delivery date, please call the office and we’ll be more than happy to advise you. Thank you again for all of your business.
GOT A BEAST IN YOUR BASEMENT?
Now is the time to think about a boiler replacement when the weather is nice and not when you’re depending on it for heat. Not only will you save precious dollars on your fuel bill (in some cases 15-20%), but you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you and your family will remain safe and warm with dependable oil heat. You also may be eligible for rebates through Mass Save of $800 for a new boiler, $400 for an new indirect hot water heater, and more for set back thermostats. There are additional incentives if your heating system is over 30 years old and you may be eligible for special financing. Call us for a no cost survey of your heating system and we can get you started in the right direction. While we are survey-ing the heating equipment, we can also do a visual inspection of your oil storage tank. If the tank is near or past 30 years of age, we can price a re-placement for that also. Questions? Give us a call: 781-834-8831.
WHEN SHOULD I THINK ABOUT REPLACING MY OIL TANK??
If your storage tank is more than 30 years old, it has probably outlasted its common and expected life. Nonetheless, a tank in this age range, will inevitably have a layer of sediment at the bottom. This sediment may cause the system to shut down. We are recommending replacement of the tank if it is near, or more than 30 years old. New tank installations are normally done in one day. We remove and dispose of the old tank, and fill your new tank with what was left in the old tank, minimizing any inconvenience to you. But most of all, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected.
Now is the time to go paperless
For 24-hour, on-line access, visit www.Randhandy.Com. You can log in and have full access to your account. You can see your transactions, pay bills, and update information. Go to the website “account login” tab, and get started. Call us with any questions.
Just for Laughs
An Easterner who walked into a Western saloon, was amazed to see a dog sitting at a table play-ing poker with three men. “Can that dog really read cards?”, he asked. “Yeah, but he ain’t much of a player,” said one of the men. “Whenever he gets a good hand, he wags his tail.”
PROVEN “ENERGY SAVING STRATEGIES”
- CONSERVATION has never been more important. We can advise you on a number of low and no-cost ways to help reduce your energy consumption by 10-50%.
- STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT can help you cut energy costs while keeping our planet clean. We continually seek out the very best in heating and hot water systems to provide you with increased comfort and savings.
- INNOVATIVE ENERGY SAVING DEVICES maximize fuel usage. For example, a programmable thermostat automatically reduces temperature settings for significant savings on your annual heating bill.
- CONVENIENT BUDGET PLANS keep payments stable. One low monthly payment can handle energy bills and make managing your household expenses easier.
April’s OIL DRAWING WINNERS
1st Prize: Brian M. — Duxbury
2nd Prize: Robert M. — Marshfield
3rd Prize: Paul N. — Marshfield
Please note that you can now enter the oil drawing online. Please complete the form at right to be entered in next month’s drawing.