The trusty ole ’ Farmers Almanac is predicting a cold and wet winter for the Northeast. With lots of Temperature ups and downs. We are ready– are you? Regardless of the conditions outside, you can be assured that all of us here at Rand-Handy will be doing our best to keep you comfortable inside. We have been upgrading equipment, restocking our supply room shelves, and educating ourselves on the most efficient heating equipment for your home. Whether its our office staff, oil delivery drivers, or our service technicians, we are all ready for whatever the coming winter throws at us.
WANT MORE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT?
Visit our Account Login and set up on-line access. Here you can see account info, update your info, and pay bills. All to make your experience with us even better.
In the spirit of making things easier (and greener), sign up for email statements too. Every little bit helps, so if you want to help us be green, send us an email or a note on your bill, and we will change you over to email statements. You can also make the change on our web-site or put a note on the free oil drawing form on the next page.
The Full Service Difference
If all you needed was oil in your tank, you could get that from a lot of companies. But it’s our “full service difference” that gives you real dependability, service, comfort and peace of mind. What we offer you is the difference between Rand-Handy and other companies:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response
- A trained, professional and friendly staff
- Automatic Oil Deliveries
- Professional Equipment Installations
- Prompt service and service agreements
- Proper Insurance Coverage
- Credit terms and a convenient budget plan.
Just a quick note to our Budget accounts:
Many of you have set up automatic payments through your financial institution for your budget payments every month. We started our new budget season on August 1 and your monthly amount due may not be the same as it was last year. Please take a moment and review your bill to make sure that the correct amount is being sent and that your account number is correct. We’d like to make sure that your account is being credited correctly! THANK YOU!
If your heating system shuts off due to a power outage or malfunction, the reset button may help get it started again by resetting the burner’s controls. Before you press the reset button, follow these steps FIRST, and you may not need a service call. After each of the following steps, listen to hear if the burner comes on.
- Check the oil burner switches. Are they on? There is one usually at the top of your stairs or somewhere out-side of the boiler room with a red faceplate. There is also one on the side of the heating unit itself.
- Check the thermostat. Is it set above room temperature? If its an automatic setback thermostat, try changing the batteries.
- Check the circuit breaker and see if the switch has “tripped”. If it has, push the switch off and then back on again. (Or check for a blown fuse in an older home)
- Check your oil tank. Does it have oil in it?
- Try pressing the reset button on the burner, ONCE. This is usually on top of a control on your burner.
- If you have tried all of the above, and the burner still doesn’t come on, call our office. If it is after hours, your call will be directed to our answering service and they will forward the information to the technician on call.
SEPTEMBER MEANS SCHOOL’S OPEN…
And it also means that there are more children near major roadways in the early morning and late afternoon. Here are some ways that drivers can keep students safe:
- Be careful near bus stops. Drivers must stop when a school bus illuminates its stop sign and/or lights even if they’re on the opposite side of the street. Failure to do so could not only put a child in danger but could earn you a ticket too!
- Slow down. Most school zones have reduced speed limits.
- Back up carefully. Even if you have a back up camera there still can be blind spots. Back out of your driveway or parking spot slowly.
- Get off the phone. You never know when a child might dart unexpectedly into the road. Even if your attention is diverted for a moment, it could spell disaster for a child.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Flexible people never get bent out of shape.
NEED A NEW MAP?
We have several copies of the latest maps of the Towns Of Marsh-ﬁeld and Duxbury. In addition to the street listings, you will also see advertisements for all of the local businesses like ours that help sup-port the towns. Please stop in anytime and grab your free copy.
August’s OIL DRAWING WINNERS
1st Prize: Joe D. – Norwell
2nd Prize: Charles M. – Kingston
3rd Prize: Art M. – Plympton
Please note that you can now enter the oil drawing online. Please complete the form at right to be entered in next month’s drawing.