To all of our loyal customers and friends. These are exceptional times in the world right now and I’m sure you are all well aware of what is happening with energy prices. The best we can do is hope that these events end quickly and safely. In the meantime, we will still be here to provide you with the best possible services, at the best possible price. There are daily price changes in the oil market, at numbers we have never seen before. As you will, or have noticed, this is having a huge effect on what you, and we, are paying for heating oil. The good news is that we are already in March, and we won’t see severe cold like we do mid-winter.
Here are a few simple tips that you can do at home to save on your fuel consumption:
- Turn the thermostats down. Lowering the temperature 7-10 degrees for 8 hours a day, can save you as much as 10% on heating bills.
- Close off the rooms you don’t use much and put draft stoppers on the bottom of doors.
- Open the window blinds on sunny days for solar gain and close them back up at night.
- Cut back on long, hot showers and baths. (A constant reminder for teenagers in my house)
- Use a small, energy efficient space heater in a room where you spend the most time.
- Cook at home and use the oven. Residual heat from that can make a difference.
We realize these price increases will be difficult for some of you, and we will do our best to work with you like always. We also ask that you all do your best to keep your accounts up to date. It is greatly appreciated and helpful to us in times like these. Please call or email us with any concerns or questions. Thank you very much, as always, for all of your business and support.
Be well and stay safe.
Rand-Handy Oil Company Employees and Families